01. Elephants are emotional animals. They feel the emotions, especially the sorrow. You can see tearing elephants when they are sad or overjoyed
02. The lifespan of elephants is between 50-70 years old. The oldest recorded elephant is Ling Wang, An Asian elephant, lived in Ling Wang was the world recorded elephant living 86 year. It has died in 2003.
03. Elephants are very intelligent. They have self-awareness and strong family bonds. Elephants are one of the few species that can recognize themselves in a mirror.
04. Baby elephants born blind. Yet they get the ability to stand up and walk. Herd celebrates the birth of a newborn by trumpeting loud.
05. Amazingly, elephants have a good memory. They won’t forget easily. This is why elephants kill people even after years who have threatened their lives.
06. Elephants are the largest animal living on land and consider as keystone species. Elephant plays a big role in balancing the ecological system which cannot be replaced.
07. Elephants communicate with each other using different sounds. They have different sounds for victory, sorrow, and distress.
08. Elephants love water. They enjoy playing with water. The Buoyancy when afloat on water helps elephants to relax their legs and help their sensitive skin to moisturize
09. Elephants mourn the death of their loved ones. They show the last respect by touching the skull of the dead elephant with their trunks and pause for several minutes of silence in the place where their loved one has died.
10. Elephant herd is headed by the matriarch who is a female in the family. Calves are raised by the entire herd. The leadership of the herd remains with the head until the death and upon the death, her daughter starts to lead the herd.
11. The giant is really scared of bees. African farmers raise bees to keep the elephants away from their cultivations.
12. Elephants can consume as much as 150 kg (330 lb) of food and 40 L (11 US gal) of water per day